This site collects no more data about you than most other websites.
Comments, trackbacks, and pingbacks are published, and except in very limited circumstances, will be a permanent part of this site. If you decide to comment, link, or pingback to a post, you must keep this in mind.
Public data and publishing
Browsing this site doesn’t reveal your identity publicly, though see Private Logging later in this document for more information.
When posting a comment, a name and e-mail address are required. You do not have to select your real name. Your e-mail address will not published; the name you provide will be.
Cookies for commenters
You may wish to clear these cookies and the browser cache if you wish to refrain from revealing any identifying information, especially if you are using a public or shared computer.
Any time you visit a page on the internet, you send quite a bit of information to the server. The Web servers that host this site maintain access logs with the information that you send. This information is used to provide site statistics and to get an idea of popular pages and what sites link here. We do not intend to use these logs to identify legitimate users.
The data logged may be used by us to solve technical problems with the site and, in cases of abuse of this site, to investigate the abuse.
Data release policy
Our policy is to only release the data we collect in the following circumstances:
- As required by law, such as in response to a valid request from law enforcement.
- To designated third parties to resolve or investigate abuse complaints.
- When the information is related to spiders or bots, usually when investigating technical issues.
- For abusive users, we may release information to assist in attempting to block the abusive user or to complain to that user’s Internet Service Provider.
- If necessary to defend legal claims against us by third parties.
- When we deem it necessary to protect the property or rights of the user community, or this website.
No selling of information
We will not sell information collected via this site, such as your e-mail address, to third parties.
We make no guarantee that the information that you provide us will be secure.
You are required to give your e-mail address when you post a comment. This e-mail address may be used by us to contact you about your comments. It will never shared, sold, published, or used for automated (bulk) e-mailings.